June 23, 2023 Vancouver, British Columbia Canada Border Services Agency
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) plays a key role in ensuring the integrity of our immigration system. The CBSA announced today that charges have been laid against Brijesh Mishra, a citizen of India, for immigration-related offences.
Following information provided to the CBSA concerning Mr. Mishra’s status in Canada, as well his alleged involvement in activities related to counseling misrepresentation, the Agency launched an investigation.
On June 23, 2023, the CBSA Criminal Investigations Section laid charges under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) based on the evidence collected during the criminal investigation. These include:
- IRPA Section 91(1) Unauthorized Representation or Advice for Consideration – one count
- IRPA Section 126 Counselling Misrepresentation – one count
- IRPA Section 127(a) Misrepresentation (Direct or Indirect Misrepresentation) – one count
- IRPA Section 127(b) Misrepresentation (Communicating False Information) – one count
- IRPA Section 124(1)(a) Non-Compliance with the Act – one count