Kjipuktuk, Mi’kma’ki | Halifax, Nova Scotia · May 23, 2023 · Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
The Honourable Ginette Petitpas Taylor, Minister of Official Languages and Minister responsible for ACOA, will announce a multi-million dollar Government of Canada contribution to support tourism projects across Nova Scotia.
The announcement will be held at the Nova Scotia Museum of Natural History where construction is underway for a new long-term exhibit celebrating Mi’kmaq People in Nova Scotia. Representatives of tourism businesses in Halifax, the Annapolis Valley, Colchester County, the South Shore and Cape Breton will be onsite.
Also in attendance will be the following Members of Parliament:
- The Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship and Member of Parliament for Central Nova
- The Honourable Lena Metlege Diab, Member of Parliament for Halifax West
- Andy Fillmore, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry and Member of Parliament for Halifax
- Darrell Samson, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence and Member of Parliament for Sackville—Preston—Chezzetcook
- Jaime Battiste, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Crown-Indigenous Relations and Member of Parliament for Sydney—Victoria
- Kody Blois, Member of Parliament for Kings—Hants
Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Time: 9:00 a.m. ADT
Location: Museum of Natural History
1747 Summer Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia