District of Peachland
The District of Peachland is a growing, vibrant community of approximately 5,800 located on the beautiful Okanagan Lake between Kelowna and Penticton.
We are seeking one (1) Accountant to assist in managing the District of Peachland’s finances. This position provides an excellent career opportunity and growth within the District of Peachland.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance, the ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring the financial and accounting records of the municipality are accurately prepared and maintained in accordance with District policies, procedures and bylaws.
Key Job Duties Include:
- Reconciling and monitoring accounts interfaced with external software programs.
- Completing bank transactions/entries and reconciliations.
- Preparing year-end working papers and compiling data for external auditors.
- Preparing Reports for submission to Ministry of Local Government and Statistics Canada
- Dealing effectively with internal and external contacts and providing routine information and assistance.
- Assisting with the Annual Property Tax Process.
- Providing support for Utility Billing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Receipting and related accounting processes.
- CA (Chartered Accountant) Designation preferably with Public Practice experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible accounting experience with a minimum of two (2) years at the Accountant level of experience or higher
- Experience working and supporting financial software systems, internal controls, preparing complex financial statements and finance modelling, budgeting. Municipal accounting and auditing would be an asset.
- Vadim or related municipal software knowledge.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
This is a CUPE Local 608 position with a comprehensive benefits package and a rate of $41.46 per hour.
The closing date for this position is July 27, 2023 by 4:00p.m. Applications for available positions must be received prior to the indicated closing date and time.
Please submit resume with cover letter to:
District of Peachland
5806 Beach Avenue
Peachland, B.C. VOH 1X7