Administrative Assistant III
Position Status: Full-Time Regular
Department: Parks and Environment
Employee Group: Teamsters Local 31
Location: 4515 Central Boulevard, Burnaby
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: PG 15 $2,055.38 – $2,414.25 bi-weekly
Our Parks and Environment Department is seeking an Administrative Assistant III who will be responsible for a variety of complex administrative and clerical duties.
You are: A quick learner, detail-oriented, resourceful, have the ability to work with limited supervision, and thrive working in a busy environment. You are also adaptable and excel in an environment where teamwork is required to meet department and organizational goals.
- Performs complex clerical and administrative duties for a superior and/or the superior’s subordinates; arranges appointments, meetings and logistics; maintains calendars; screens callers; processes confidential material; and prepares routine correspondence.
- Assembles, collates, edits, formats and types a variety of technical and administrative materials and other data for referral or action such as letters, notices, contracts, specifications, requisitions, progress estimates, reports, presentations, budget estimates, agendas, minutes and speeches.
- Takes instructions from and performs clerical and typing duties for a group of professional and technical employees.
- Prepares, posts and maintains soft and hard copy files and records using databases and electronic file management systems and in accordance with corporate records management standards.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail, couriers and payments related to the work; and maintains office supplies.
- Retrieves and compiles statistical information and data; provides direction and assistance on a variety of office operations.
- Ensures for preparation, printing, deadlines adherence and distribution of committee agendas, minutes and materials; and attends meetings and takes minutes.
- Performs some duties of clerical superior in their absence.
- Enters and processes invoices, timesheet entries, work orders, purchase orders, requisitions, training and travel requests, expense claims, membership fees, and cheque requisitions and other materials.
- Provides a variety of factual information and assistance to staff, business and government contacts and the public.
- Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of Grade 12, including or supplemented by business and administrative courses. Considerable related experience, preferably as an Administrative Assistant II or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of Metro Vancouver’s organizational structure and of the functions of its departments and divisions.
- Sound knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to type with a high degree of speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to act tactfully and with discretion on behalf of a supervisor and to handle matters of a confidential nature.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, staff, officials and other contacts.
- Ability to relieve a superior of office tasks and perform routine administrative detail with minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment and computer applications related to the work.
- Ability to process clerical work of a complex and technical nature, take meeting minutes and prepare routine correspondence and reports.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and being representative of the region we serve. We invite all qualified candidates to apply including Indigenous People, visible minorities, immigrants, 2SLGBTQI+, all genders and persons with disabilities.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by July 12, 2023