ASSISTANT MANAGER, TRANSIT MAINTENANCE
(Permanent Full Time)
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community.
The West Vancouver Transit is currently seeking a permanent full-time Assistant Manager, Transit Maintenance. Reporting to the Transit Maintenance Manager, this position will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all Transit vehicles are maintained at a premium level in order to provide Transit Operations with buss that meet the high standards required for public safety and comfort;
- Ensuring the integrity of building, infrastructure, and systems;
- Organizing the operations of the Transit garage and maintaining the preventative maintenance and repair programs for the bus fleet;
- Assisting in the preparation and monitoring of department operating and capital budgets in conjunction with other Transit Management;
- Supervising Transit Maintenance employees including recruitment, training, performance, and attendance management;
- Overseeing and managing evening operation of Transit Maintenance;
- Representing the Department in employees and labour relations matters;
- Performing other related work as required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Completion of Grade 12 plus post-secondary Business Administration and courses in employee supervision;
- Considerable supervisory experience in Fleet or related industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, plus an Apprenticeship or a Trade Qualification in Commercial Transport;
- Knowledge and understanding of the concepts, practices, and techniques in all areas of Fleet Maintenance;
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
BC Class 3 Driver’s License with Airbrake Endorsement would be considered an asset.
The preferred candidate will have sound judgment and diplomacy, ability to provide progressive leadership, and aptitude to create an inclusive work environment.
The successful candidate will be required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
Exempt – Permanent Full-Time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, June 27, 2023
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted