Assistant Program Coordinator –55+ Seniors Services
Temporary Part -time (0.6)
(approximately 12 months)
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community.
The West Vancouver Community Services Department has an immediate opening for a temporary part-time Assistant Program Coordinator. This is an onsite position located at the West Vancouver Seniors’ Activity Centre.
Reporting to the Recreation Services Supervisor, this position will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative support for 55+ programs and services at the Centre including composing correspondence and documentation, maintaining records and files, scheduling meetings and working directly with staff and volunteers
- Assisting and supporting the Outreach leadership team in providing the Feed The Need Meal program to vulnerable older adults; working with a team of volunteers who support the program;
- Assisting in the planning, promotion and implementation of senior’s support services, meal delivery schedule coordination, special events and special projects
- Working closely with the Volunteer Services department in supporting volunteers
- Performing other related duties as required.
The preferred candidate will possess: an interest in working with older seniors; experience working with seniors in a 55+ recreational setting; ability to work as a member of a team to provide a high standard of recreational programs to older seniors; ability to effectively lead recreation programs to older seniors; understanding of the Activenet registration system; and knowledge of routine office practices and procedures.
The successful candidate has completed: post-secondary education in Recreation, Social Sciences, Gerontology or Kinesiology, supplemented by some experience in recreation work, or an equivalent combination of education or experience; and a Driver’s Licence valid in the Province of British Columbia.
The successful candidate is required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on Westnet.
WVMEA (Union) – Temporary Part -Time (approximately 12 months)
Hours of Work:
22.5 hours per week (Tuesday – Saturday)
Rate of Pay:
$30.29 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits
11:59 p.m. on Sunday July 30, 2023
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted