District of Peachland
Building Inspector (Level I, II or III)
The District of Peachland, a vibrant and growing community of approximately 5,400 located on the shores of Okanagan Lake between Kelowna and Penticton, is currently recruiting for a Building Inspector I, II or III to join our Planning and Development Services team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Director of Planning & Development Services, the Building Inspector conducts inspections of building to ensure compliance with the District Bylaws, the building code, and other enactments; issues permits and assists the public with building, permit and inspection matters. If you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe workplace, we invite you to apply.
The Primary Duties of the Building Inspector include:
- Administration of Building Inspection, including Building Permit issuance, ensuring construction, conversion, demolition, renovation, repairs and additions to buildings and structures comply with BC Building Code, District Bylaws and relevant legislation;
- Performs on-site inspections of buildings and structures, ventilation and solid fuel burning appliances, and plumbing installations to ensure that permits, related bylaws, codes and regulations are in compliance.
- Provides exceptional customer service including giving information, guidance and advice to the community, contractors and developers with respect to building inspection, bylaws, permits and licensing.
- Maintains a variety of manual and computerized files such as plans and records of inspections, violation tickets, maintain records of building deposits and refund of deposits.
- Prepares of reports and records, as required.
- Completion of recognized trades qualification in carpentry and plumbing, or 2-year Technical Diploma related to Architecture, or Structural Engineering Technology;
- Level 1, 2 or 3 Certification with BOABC (Building Official’s Association of BC).
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License;
- WETT (Wood Energy Technical Training) Certification preferred
- Four years related experiences or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively with the community, contractors and developers regarding building inspection, permits and licensing.
A detailed job description is available at www.peachland.ca under careers.
The is a CUPE Local 608 position with a comprehensive benefits package and a rate ranging from $40.65 – $47.03 per hour.
The closing date for this position is July 7th by 4:00 p.m. Applications for available positions must be received prior to the indicated closing date and time.
Please submit resumes indicating “Building Inspector” to:
Director of Corporate Services
District of Peachland
5806 Beach Avenue
Peachland, B.C. V0H 1X7
The District of Peachland appreciates all interested in the position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.