Notice of Employment Opportunity
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Regional District of Nanaimo is seeking a Permanent Full-Time Building Official in Building and Bylaw Services, in the Development and Emergency Services Department.
Applicants must possess certification from the Building Officials Association as a qualified Level I (Level II or III preferred). A thorough knowledge of the BC Building and Plumbing Codes as they relate to residential and commercial buildings and an ability to review and evaluate building plans is also required.
- Diploma in Building or Civil Technology, or related field.
- Building Officials Association of BC certification, minimum level 1.
- Plumbing Officials Association of BC certification Level 1.
- Five (5) years prior job-related experience in a local government setting.
- A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence is required.
This is a Permanent Full-Time Union Position (up to 35 hours per week) with varying hours of work. The (2023) rate of pay is $40.11 to $47.40, depending on certification level and the Collective Agreement. The position offers an attractive benefits package as provided within the Collective Agreement between the Regional District of Nanaimo and the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 401.
Please quote competition 2023-061 and submit a cover letter and resume clearly outlining your education, experience, and qualifications as they relate to this position and CLICK HERE to apply via SuccessFactors.
Applications will be accepted until: 4:00 pm, on July 13, 2023