City of Surrey
Business Systems Analyst (Functional Application Analyst 2)
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Project (2 years)
The Business Improvement Team is looking for a Business Systems Analyst (Functional Application Analyst 2) to join the team and support the Planning & Development department. The incumbent will work as part of the team to provide leadership, analysis, guidance, support and training of the city’s Land Management System (AMANDA). Considerable judgment, problem solving ability and expertise is required to develop solutions to operations issues arising out of the system that could have a serious impact to the City. In addition, the incumbent considers the business implications of applying information technology within the business area, and, through research and fact finding, combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements, participates in formulating the scope and objectives of business systems.
Projects to be worked on include but not limited to, Online Permit Portals, Inspector Mobility upgrade, AMANDA version upgrade, Internal Business Process Reviews, and KPI development / reporting.
- Assumes key role in the future development of the system by participating in development of business cases, taking business unit lead role in needs identification, defining requirements, assisting with development of work break down structure and project plans, and assumes key business unit role in testing and implementation.
- As the primary source of contact, responds to, investigates, prioritizes, and resolves integrated administrative, technical, or operating problems within the functional end user base using standard methodologies and procedures, interpreting or adapting as situations and problems arise.
- Work closely with departmental stakeholders to develop strong working relationships and to effectively articulate and advocate on their behalf.
- Acts as a liaison with IT for all system issues raised by the business users that require IT involvement and manages the resolution of all issues.
- Maximizes integration between end user groups by analyzing business processes and recommending improvements where appropriate.
- Provides ongoing support and training to all end users, including management staff, through training programs, one on one consultation, systems, or procedural advice etc.
- Leads report development based on end user needs, both staff and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in an acceptable related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution, plus 3 years of directly related and relevant experience, preferably in a municipal setting; OR
- Diploma in an acceptable related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution, plus 5 years of directly related and relevant experience, preferably in a municipal setting; OR
- Technical courses in the field plus 7 years of directly related and relevant experience, preferably in a municipal setting.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A strong dedication to serving clients and ability to work closely with end users.
- Ability to work in a strategic and proactive manner to perform under pressure, and meet deadlines established according to corporate priorities.
- Considerable business knowledge of functional area of expertise.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in order to persuade and influence others to obtain acceptance of ideas and cooperation on proposed initiatives and actions.
- Knowledge of AMANDA (or other Municipal Land Management Systems) and business processes are considered assets.
- Knowledge or experience with PowerBI, Crystal Reports (or other data analytic and reporting tools) are considered assets.
This position will be posted until filled.