Town of Oliver
Chief Administrative Officer
The Town of Oliver is seeking an experienced Chief Administrative Officer to provide overall management of the operations of the municipality; ensure that the policies, programs and other directions of council are implemented and advise and inform council on the operation and affairs of the municipality. The CAO will support Mayor and Council in the formulation of its strategic direction for the future.
Known as the Canada’s Wine Capital, Oliver is home to 5,000 permanent residents and supports a trading area of 9,000. Oliver’s labour force, social services, infrastructure, lifestyle alternatives and recreational assets provide for a healthy community and a strong base for sustained growth.
The Chief Administrative Officer will lead the management team, providing guidance and policy direction to continually improve systems, practices and people development. Besides inspiring, mentoring, coaching, and developing a positive corporate culture, the Chief Administrative Officer assumes the responsibility of managing the day-to-day affairs of the Town.
This position facilitates appropriate lines of communication between council, staff, governments, its union, boards and associations. The successful candidate will possess proven leadership in a local government environment and managing the business affairs of a municipality in accordance with the responsibilities outlined in legislation, bylaws and policies.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary education in public administration or a related discipline from a recognized institution or a senior executive certificate in Local Government Management in BritishColumbia.
- Five to ten years of progressively responsible experience in local government management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, staff and a variety of other organizations and members of the public.
- Interest in engaging in local programs, services and events in order to connect with the community.
- Display strategic, creative and innovative thinking with local government business and political acumen.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and local government best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in leading and managing human resource related matters, including collective agreement management.
- Knowledge of community development processes.
This executive position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For more information on the Town, visit https://oliver.ca/. Qualified candidates interested in this exciting career opportunity are invited to submit their resume quoting Competition No.23-01EU by 4:00pm on Friday, July 14th, 2023 to:
Human Resources Department,
Regional District Okanagan- Similkameen
101 Martin Street, Penticton, BC V2A 5J9 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.