Township of Malahide
Chief Administrative Officer
The Mayor and Council are seeking a strategic and dynamic individual to lead our administrative team.
The Township of Malahide is located on the brow of Lake Erie, in the heart of Elgin County, minutes away from the Cities of St. Thomas and London. From industry to recreation, farming to history, with a population of just under 10,000, you will be delighted with all that this growing agricultural community has to offer.
The Mayor and Council are currently developing a new strategic plan to provide direction and identify the path forward to 2033. The process will be completed this fall, with staff and community input. Malahide has been forward-thinking and committed to initiatives that stimulate economic growth and diversification in an effort to maintain the municipality’s long-term stability and sustainability.
However, with the recent announcement of significant investments in this region and the arrival of new industries, our socio-economic landscape is now evolving at a pace like never before. The Township is potentially on the cusp of major change and faces exciting opportunities. The Township’s CAO will therefore be instrumental in the completion and execution of the strategic plan, and in bringing the 2033 vision to life.
Through the Candidate Brief document, we invite you to learn more about Malahide Township and this career opportunity. This is an ideal time to become part of Malahide’s proud tradition and to help shape our bright future.
THE INDIVIDUAL: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
The Township of Malahide requires a seasoned manager and an exceptional communicator to build collaborative relationships with Council, staff, members of the community, as well as with peers and colleagues across the County of Elgin.
We are seeking a Chief Administrative Officer with leadership and management experience in a service-oriented organization, who will derive immense satisfaction serving the community. With overall accountability for the day-to-day activities of the Township, experience in the effective management of people and operations is essential.
The next Chief Administrative Officer will bring an optimal combination of the following education, experience and competencies:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Education or training in Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field is desirable.
- Professional Designations such as CMO, CPA, RPP, MBA, MPA, or related are an asset.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Throughout your career to date, including at least seven years in management roles, you have demonstrated the knowledge and the ability to:
- Apply your knowledge of municipal / business fundamentals to provide clarity and vision when informing senior management and Council about the key opportunities, issues, threats and priorities confronting an organization and the external factors that affect choices.
- Lead and forge consensus regarding the tactics to undertake, the services/programs to offer, and the metrics/criteria to use when measuring the long-term success of an organization.
- Use political acuity by bringing a wide perspective to manage multiple stakeholders with diplomacy, and by being sensitive to local, and cultural differences.
- Manage an ambitious agenda with limited resources, in a challenging economic environment.
- Address workforce challenges and attract, retain, and develop talent.
- Create an environment that fosters innovation and creativity.
- Take accountability for results, document and apply lessons learned.
- Operate in a political, community-driven organization, with multiple stakeholders.
- Identify, foster, attract, and create alliances and strategic partnerships to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
APPLICATION: PROCESS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Inquiries and Discussing Interest
If you have questions regarding this opportunity prior to submitting your application, contact the Mayor, Dominique Giguère, via email to schedule a brief, confidential conversation at email@example.com.
A comprehensive benefit package and a salary range of $122,897 – $149,382 will be commensurate with your qualifications. A detailed job description is available upon request. Applicants must describe how they align with the qualifications and competencies presented in this candidate brief, by submitting a résumé and a motivation letter.
How to Apply
Please submit your documents in confidence by email, at your earliest convenience, to Sue Loewen, Human Resources Manager, Township of Malahide, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call Ms. Loewen at 519-773-5344, ext. 229.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected will be used to assess career eligibility and will be maintained in accordance with the provisions of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The Township of Malahide is an equal-opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interview to directly assess skills and experience.
The Township of Malahide is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email email@example.com with “Accommodation Required’’ in the subject line to provide your contact information.