Village of Consort
Full Time CAO
Job Type: Other
Organization: Village of Consort
Closing date: Aug 26, 2023
The Village of Consort is seeking a: Full-time CAO, Consort is a progressive, busy and growing community, located at the crossroads of highway #12 and #41, 98 km south of the Town of Wainwright. Consort has a population of 710 people and offers all amenities that appeal to a wide variety of lifestyles. The successful applicant must be willing to relocate to the area, be comfortable being seen and connecting with the community, and help us grow and progress well into the future.
The ideal candidate will be a proven senior team leader, with strong communication skills, as well as strong human resources management and financial skills. Have economic development experience and be a strategic thinker that can align organizational efforts to efficiently turn goals into results. Must demonstrate honesty and integrity and will instill these values in your team. Be an innovative leader who can motivate and inspire your team in working towards a common vision.
The key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Leadership and direction to Village staff, to ensure that delivery of municipal services is effective and efficient, village assets are properly managed, maintained and operated safely.
- Continued excellence in all municipal operations such as Finance and Administration, Taxation and Assessment, Public Works, Economic Development, Recreation Services, Community Services and Protective Services.
- Attend all council meetings and other meetings as required to provide information and advice and:
- Ensure the preparation and timely distribution of Council meeting agendas and to capture meeting minutes accurately,
- Ensure operational reports, and draft motions, bylaws, and policies to Council are complete and accurate,
- Review, develop, administrate, and report on the status of the annual operating and capital budgets to Council and the community,
- Ensure Council is informed of all critical and pertinent municipal business and provide advice to Council,
- Coordinate and manage correspondence and communications to and from Council.
- Maintain and embrace our excellent relationship with Special Areas Board (similar to a Municipal District)
- Ensure that all legislative requirements such as those of the Municipal Government Act are adhered to.
- Ability to work outside the standard hours of work.
- Embrace additional professional development opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate:
Ideally the successful candidate will have a post secondary degree, diploma, and/ or equivalent work experience demonstrating all or most of the following:
- Effective management, problem solving, decision making and communication skills.
- Financial Acumen including understanding of financial reports, profit & loss reports, balance sheets and presenting reports.
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills.
- Municipal and Society Governance.
- Understanding the core operations and the needs of the municipal infrastructure.
- Project and contract management.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ongoing commitment to learning and training.
- Strong grant research and writing skills.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, detailed resume outlining experience, education and qualifications, references and salary expectations in confidence to Mike Beier, Mayor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until position is filled.