Children’s Activity Leader
Ray-Cam Co-operative Association
Ray-Cam Co-operative Centre is a Community Centre located in the heart of Downtown Eastside/Strathcona community. We operate programs and services, which effectively advance the opportunity and abilities of children, youth, families and seniors in our community.
Main Purpose & Function
This position assists in implementing an enriched childcare program located in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside that meets the needs of children three to five years of age. This position also provides opportunities for children who have extra support needs to be integrated in an inclusive setting.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include assisting in planning and leading age appropriate programs for pre-school children and ensuring opportunities for children requiring extra support are part of the daily curriculum. Assists in modifying activities that help with child development and social learning. Works with outside professionals; assists in writing individual care plans and reports. Builds and fosters positive and healthy relationships with children, families and staff.
- A valid Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate is required.
- A Special Needs Certificate is preferred.
- Some experience working with special needs children.
- A current and valid First Aid certificate is required.
- A current Food Safe certificate is required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Sound knowledge of the fundamentals of community childcare programs
- Knowledge and experience of community resources.
- Previous experience writing precise individual care planning and reports is preferred.
- Ability to plan and lead daycare curriculum/activities for typical and children who require extra support.
- Experience with group dynamics and behaviour management.
- Sound knowledge of community care licensing requirements.
- Knowledge of community healthcare resources and childcare licensing requirements; philosophy and objectives of a community daycare program.
- Previous experience and documentation around child protection issues is preferred.
- Knowledge of safety practices, policies and regulations applicable to the work performed.
- Ability to liaise with relevant professionals and other groups.
- A class 4 driver’s license and second language would be an asset.
Shifts will vary between 7:30 am-6:00 pm, Monday to Friday. A Police Records Check is a requirement of this position. A clearance requires the absence of any charges or convictions related to this position.
The RayCam Cooperative Association has a COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy. All external applicants applying to the RayCam Cooperative Association are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire and subject to this policy as a condition of ongoing employment. Candidates may only be exempted from this requirement if they request and are approved for an accommodation based on a reason related to a Human Rights Code ground (such as disability). Such a request must be made during, not after, the recruitment process.
At the RayCam Cooperative Centre, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com subject line to read “Childcare Hiring Committee – RFT”.
Business Unit/Department: RayCam Community Association
Affiliation: CUPE Local 15 Bargaining Unit (VMECW)
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: August, 2023
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-014: $25.86 to $30.29 per hour
Application Close: July 23, 2023