City of Surrey
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
The City of Surrey’s Parks, Recreation & Culture Department is currently recruiting for an Administration Clerk 4 to perform highly complex clerical work. As part of the team, you will be responsible for carrying out a variety of organizational and administrative duties.
This role is responsible for communicating with both internal customers and members of the public, preparing, collecting and analyzing a variety of data, and preparing correspondence. As well as performing other duties as required and may assist other staff in performing their duties. In this position, you will be working with a variety of stakeholders and providing them with exceptional customer service.
Union – CUPE Local 402 – Regular Full-Time
• Provide clerical and administrative support services to Parks, Recreation & Culture Staff.
• Responsible for preparing, collecting and analyzing a variety of information and complex statistical reports.
• Perform highly complex clerical work of considerable responsibility.
• Identify and contribute to the development of departmental business practices, policies and procedures.
• Support internal staff members and develop training materials as needed.
• Maintain accurate records/information pertaining to facility booking, program registration and membership accounts.
• Manage calendars, take meeting minutes, and follow up with the team members on action items.
• Proofread, edit and format reports, memos and other correspondence.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Completed Grade 12, supplemented by completion of several business courses at a post-secondary level.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible and diversified clerical experience including supervisory experience.
• An accurate typing speed of 45 wpm.
The successful candidate will have:
• Effective communication skills.
• The ability to exercise good judgment and work independently.
• Strong public relation and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of computer applications and good keyboard skills.
• Thorough knowledge of the Parks, Recreation & Culture Management System.
• Knowledge of COSMOS and Cityworks systems as well as other City programs would be an asset.
• A strong understanding of business practices and procedures in relation to a Parks, Recreation & Culture environment.
• Working knowledge of business accounting principles; resolves billing issues by identifying the problem, explaining procedures, and applying required adjustments.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://www.surrey.ca/about-surrey/jobs-careers to Job ID 5366.
Closing Date July 17th