City of Surrey
Community Safety Lead
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
Reporting to the Community Safety Manager, the Community Safety Lead will play an essential role in proactively responding to community safety issues through a collaborative, strategic, and data-driven approach. This position will work with City business units, including other divisions of the Community Services department, as well as external stakeholders to address community safety needs.
Exempt – Regular Full-Time
Key responsibilities associated with this role will likely include, but are not limited to:
- Chairing and providing oversight for the Surrey Mobilization & Resiliency Table (SMART).
- Providing oversight for Project IRIS including responding to internal and external inquiries.
- Supporting the divisional manager with preparing internal and external reports.
- Securing approval to support media requests as appropriate.
- Representing division at community stakeholder meetings and supporting cross-divisional and departmental collaboration.
- Informing grant applications.
- Leading a review of Surrey’s situation table model to explore expansion and/or enhancement opportunities.
- Performing other duties as required.
Our ideal candidate shares our values of Community, Innovation, Integrity, Service and Teamwork, and can demonstrate the following:
- A diploma or degree in a directly related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive and related work experience, or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- The ability to work independently, take initiative and exercise good judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- An ability to thrive and multi-task within a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
The City offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. This position is based in Surrey City Hall with the flexibility for up to one day of working from home.
This Posting Closes on July 21, 2023