City of Surrey
Community Services Assistant 2 – Front Desk
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, the City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our City—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
As a Community Services Assistant 2, you will have excellent customer skills, high energy, and an enthusiastic approach to your work and enjoy the chance to be a part of a team that values leadership and organizational talents. This is an auxiliary position which includes weekend/weekday/evening shifts.
Union – CUPE Local 402 – Auxiliary.
- Front line customer service in person and over the phone.
- Assist with programs in various town centers, registering clients, booking facilities and implementing daily cash procedures.
- Maintain the program areas, ensuring the equipment is safe, clean and hazard-free at all times.
- Assist staff in planning, organizing, promoting, implementing and leading recreational activities as required.
- Other related job duties.
- Completion of Grade 10 or equivalent.
- A current Emergency First Aid and CPR certification or willing to obtain.
- 1 year of experience in relevant community service work.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Customer Service Experience.
- Cash handling experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://www.surrey.ca/about-surrey/jobs-careers to Job ID 5381.
Closing Date: July 21, 2023