City of Surrey
Community Services Assistant 3 – Public Art Program Assistant
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward.
Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
The City of Surrey is looking for an enthusiastic, collaborative, and creative Public Art Assistant to support a growing Public Art Program that is creatively enhancing the City’s urban landscape. The Public Art Assistant supports a wide variety of work within the public art portfolio, including preparing information packages, conducting maintenance checks, supporting the coordination of maintenance work, supporting selection panels, and liaising with artists.
The candidate will be familiar with public artwork fabrication and project management, contemporary art practices and data management practices. Reporting to the Public Art Coordinator, the Public Art Assistant is a key member of the team that manages the City’s Public Art Collection. This is an excellent opportunity for someone pursuing a career in Arts, Culture or Heritage.
Union – CUPE Local 402 – Auxiliary
- Assess, organize, and appropriately file public art documentation.
- Assist in the restoration of public artworks.
- Undertake primary and secondary source research.
- Support the preparation of artist calls for release to the public.
- Provide general support to Public Art Program initiatives.
- Completion of Grade 12 and some post-secondary education from a recognized institution, supplemented by 2 years related experience including supervision in cultural work or area of specialty or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience.
- Valid Driver’s License with a safe driving history.
- Emergency First Aid Certificate and CPR C Certificate.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Work experience within a cultural organization (asset).
- An understanding of artwork fabrication techniques and contemporary art practices (asset).
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://www.surrey.ca/about-surrey/jobs-careers to Job ID 5326.