City of Kamloops
Community Services Supervisor – Operations
(Permanent, Full-Time) – 1081
July 24, 2023
At the City of Kamloops, we believe in progressive and barrier-free recruitment for everybody every day. This means employment opportunities for all in a safe, inclusive and diverse workplace. We know our city is stronger when we hire qualified individuals from different backgrounds with diverse experiences, cultures and perspectives.
We are focused on creating the highest levels of service excellence, based on an organization-wide community culture that celebrates our employees who make it all happen. We are known as Canada’s Tournament Capital and are famous for our hospitality and community spirit, traits that make us a leader! Recreation, sports, arts and culture, health care, social activities, volunteerism, and affordable housing all meld to form a unique blend of big-city amenities with small-town ambience. This is Kamloops!
Let’s make Kamloops shine! Join our team today.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to gain experience and make a positive impact on your community? If so, the City of Kamloops is seeking a permanent, full-time Community Services Supervisor – Operations to join our team.
As a Community Services Supervisor, you’ll play a vital role in leading the Community Services Officers in educating the public, ensuring that municipal bylaws are followed, providing enforcement and security, and addressing complaints. The successful candidate will possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills, be able to think critically and strategically, and demonstrate exceptional communication skills. You will have the chance to take your skills to the next level and play an integral role in supporting the Community Services Officers in making a direct impact on the lives of our community members. If this sounds like a career that interests you, apply today!
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Preferred post-secondary (degree or diploma) education in a Law Enforcement discipline, related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Justice Institute Level I and Level II Enforcement Certificates or equivalent.
- Minimum five years of progressive supervisory experience in auxiliary policing, regulatory administration, and enforcement.
- Thorough knowledge of provincial auxiliary policing program policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience with unionized staff.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and preparation of budgets.
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal codes, regulations, and legislation.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows based environment.
- Strong communication skills; oral and written.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain RCMP Reliability Security Clearance (please note, if you are unable to obtain or maintain an RCMP Reliability Security Clearance, your employment with the City will be terminated).
- Previous management experience in a municipal government setting.
- Previous experience in municipal bylaw enforcement.
- Previous experience as a trainer/instructor
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check. A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position. This is an exempt management position.
This position has a starting salary of $96,603.00, with a performance-based progression through a step- based system.
Hours & Days of Work
Monday to Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
**Must be able to work non-normal hours
Hours per Week
Please note if you need assistance or have individual needs or requirements throughout the application process, contact the Human Resources Department by telephone, email firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 6- 510 Lorne Street so we can better support you.
External job postings are open to everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest. Please be sure to review the application requirements of each job you apply for. Only those selected to participate in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Applications are accepted online at kamloops.ca/careers.