City of Kamloops
Community Services Supervisor – Training & Support Services
(Permanent, Full-Time) – 1082
July 24, 2023
At the City of Kamloops, we believe in progressive and barrier-free recruitment for everybody every day. This means employment opportunities for all in a safe, inclusive and diverse workplace. We know our city is stronger when we hire qualified individuals from different backgrounds with diverse experiences, cultures and perspectives.
We are focused on creating the highest levels of service excellence, based on an organization-wide community culture that celebrates our employees who make it all happen. We are known as Canada’s Tournament Capital and are famous for our hospitality and community spirit, traits that make us a leader! Recreation, sports, arts and culture, health care, social activities, volunteerism, and affordable housing all meld to form a unique blend of big-city amenities with small-town ambience. This is Kamloops!
Let’s make Kamloops shine! Join our team today.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated individual who will make a positive impact on our community! The City of Kamloops is looking to hire a permanent full time Community Services Supervisor-Training and Support Services to compliment our team.
As a Community Services Supervisor, you’ll play a vital role in leading the Community & Protective Services Support Liaisons, Crime Prevention and Victim Services units in educating the public and business community, providing support and resources to victims, ensuring that municipal bylaws are followed as it pertains to property use, executing community crime prevention programs, and addressing community complaints. The successful candidate will possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills, be able to think critically and strategically, and demonstrate exceptional communication skills. You will have the chance to take your skills to the next level and play a primary role in supporting the Community Services Division in making a direct impact on the lives of our community members.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Preferred post-secondary (degree or diploma) education in a Law Enforcement discipline, related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Justice Institute Level I and Level II Enforcement Certificates or equivalent.
- Minimum five years of progressive supervisory experience in auxiliary policing, regulatory administration, and enforcement.
- Thorough knowledge of provincial auxiliary policing program policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience with unionized staff.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and preparation of budgets.
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal codes, regulations, and legislation.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows based environment.
- Strong communication skills; oral and written.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain RCMP Reliability Security Clearance (please note, if you are unable to obtain or maintain an RCMP Reliability Security Clearance, your employment with the City will be terminated).
- Previous management experience in a municipal government setting.
- Previous experience in municipal bylaw enforcement.
- Previous experience as a trainer/instructor
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check. A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position. This is an exempt management position.
This position has a starting salary of $96,603.00, with a performance-based progression through a step- based system.
Hours & Days of Work
Monday to Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
**Must be able to work non-normal hours
Hours per Week
Please note if you need assistance or have individual needs or requirements throughout the application process, contact the Human Resources Department by telephone, email email@example.com or in person at 6- 510 Lorne Street so we can better support you.
External job postings are open to everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest. Please be sure to review the application requirements of each job you apply for. Only those selected to participate in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Applications are accepted online at kamloops.ca/careers.