Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Confidential Assistant, Risk and Security
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: CONFIDENTIAL ASSISTANT, RISK & SECURITY
The Confidential Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Director of Risk and Security and other leaders within the Risk and Security department to achieve departmental objectives more effectively and efficiently. The position supports departmental planning and issues relating to the development of University policy, budgetary issues, and personnel matters that are highly confidential and sensitive in nature.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and three or more years of administrative experience supporting senior level management is required.
- Two years of experience supporting the development and maintenance of department budgets and preparing related reports.
- Two years experience with managing internal and external communications and event planning and coordination in an institutional or corporate environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a complex office or business that is customer service focused.
- Demonstrated tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and report writing skills to provide effective administrative support at the executive level.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to use related software including word processing, (40 wpm with a high degree of accuracy), intermediate proficiency with MS Office applications, internet browsers, Human Resource Information Systems, spreadsheet, and database and presentation software (such as PowerPoint) at an advanced level.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.
- Intercampus travel is required, possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred.
click here for a more detailed job description
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.
To apply for this role please visit our Career Centre Career Opportunities | KPU.ca – Kwantlen Polytechnic University