Construction Worker I (3 positions)
Position Status: Full-Time Regular
Department: Liquid Waste Services
Employee Group: GVRDEU
Location: Annacis Warehouse, Delta
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: $2,408.00 bi-weekly plus 6.25% deferred compensation
Our Liquid Waste Services Department is seeking 3 Construction Worker Is who will be active and engaged members of our Construction group. You enjoy physical work in an outdoor environment and are able to navigate unique challenges in civil construction.
You are: self-motivated and have sound working knowledge of civil construction and safe work practices. Combined with professionalism, you demonstrate leadership and the ability to maintain a safe, respectful team environment for your co-workers, support staff and supervisors.
This role: (The duties described are representative of the position and are not all-inclusive.)
- Performs general labour tasks.
- Operates hand and small power tools.
- Assists journeymen in their daily tasks.
- Pickup and deliveries of material and equipment
- Works in compliance with all Corporate, Departmental and Divisional safety programs and procedures and also WorkSafe BC regulations.
- May be required to work within a confined space.
- Assists in utility construction work such as sewer and water tie-ins, pipeline installation, underground chambers etc.
- Performs simple survey requirements.
To be successful, you have:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent training and experience.
- Ability to operate small hand tools and small power equipment, pneumatic or hydraulic tools.
- Must have a clear understanding of safe work practices on a construction work site in accordance with the Corporate,
- Departmental and Divisional safety programs and procedures, and the WorkSafe BC regulations.
- Physically capable of performing manual and labourer construction duties.
- Able to work in an outdoors environment for extended periods.
- Proven commitment to working within a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to deal effectively with the public.
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License.
NOTE: An incumbent in the Construction Worker I classification will progress to Construction Worker II after completing two consecutive years in the classification or by recommendation of the Construction Superintendent.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and being representative of the region we serve. We invite all qualified candidates to apply including Indigenous People, visible minorities, immigrants, 2SLGBTQI+, all genders and persons with disabilities.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by July 13, 2023.