City of Maple Ridge
Status: Auxiliary (CUPE)
Department: Police Services
Salary: $26.74 – $31.41 per hour
Closing: September 24, 2023
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
This role works within a National police computer system. This is data entry work responsible for processing operational and clerical assignments accurately and rapidly to keep the system up to date. This work requires understanding system codes and types of information within RCMP policy, including sending out narrative messages, entering, modifying and removing warrants on court records. This role verifies information entered by other staff, updates and revises entries and performs daily audits of all detachment entries as well as conducts monthly review of data validation and purge lists.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of Grade 12, including or supplemented by typing and commercial courses and CPIC terminal operator’s course, plus sound related experience, preferably in the Police Department or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Sound knowledge of the methods, practices and procedures used in operating CPIC computer terminal equipment.
- Sound knowledge of the rules, regulations and policies governing the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of clerical and recordkeeping methods and procedures and of business English, spelling and arithmetic.
- Ability to perform CPIC computer terminal operational and clerical work under general supervision.
- Ability to memorize applicable system codes and procedures.
- Ability to deal effectively with detachment staff and outside agencies, and provide routine information and assistance to same.
- Ability to assist in the processing of records.
- Ability to obtain and maintain RCMP security clearance.
- Skill in the operation of equipment used in the work, including a computer.
LICENCES & CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Security Clearance.
HOURS OF WORK:
Hours of work are governed by Schedule “B” (M) – based on article 12.01 which may, at the discretion of the Commanding officer of the R.C.M.P. or his/her duly appointed representative, work any seven (7) hour between the hours of 7:00 am and 12:00 midnight, Monday to Sunday, inclusive, with shift differential as per Article 13.10. When shifts are changed, or positions hired, employees in the positions will be given shift preference on the basis of seniority.
This position will work rotating shifts between day and afternoons.
We are looking for a team orientated individual who performs well with detailed work and little supervision. Communication skills will be important and the ability to make decisions relating to the scope of the work.
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.