City of Yellowknife
Director, Corporate Services
The City of Yellowknife, located in Chief Drygeese territory and on the north shore of Great Slave Lake, serves as the region’s hub for industry, transportation, health, commerce, tourism and government. As capital city of the Northwest Territories, Yellowknife boasts a hometown feel where career opportunities are as boundless as the City’s urban and leisure amenities.
The City is an inclusive employer offering a dynamic and rewarding work environment entrusted to deliver valuable programs and services to residents and visitors of the City. Committed to hiring a diverse and skilled workforce that is representative of the community, the City welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, encouraging Indigenous persons, visible minorities and persons with a disability to self-declare when submitting their application.
After a successful 25-year career with the City, the current Director, Corporate Services has announced their retirement. We are now seeking a professional, highly skilled and experienced individual to bring their own new and creative approaches to municipal leadership while honouring the incredible legacy of the incumbent.
The Director, Corporate Services is entrusted with a broad portfolio. In addition to serving as Chief Financial Officer for the municipality, the role is responsible for leading the City’s financial management, budgeting, taxation, procurement, risk management, asset management and Information Technology functions. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Director contributes to the overall strategic leadership of the City, including supporting Council, and providing expertise into the establishment of the annual business plan, policies and corporate initiatives.
The likely candidate brings:
- Degree in Public Administration, Political Science, Business/Accounting/Commerce, or similar field.
- CPA designation in good standing.
- Municipal certification or willingness to pursue.
- 10+ years senior leadership level experience in the public sector.
- Comprehensive knowledge of municipal government accounting, finance, property taxation, procurement, and information technology.
- Experience in the management of diversified and autonomous programs, services, and functions.
- Experience in managing technical staff with the ability to provide effective direction and leadership.
If you are up for this exciting challenge, we would love to hear from you!
To discuss the position in confidence, please call or email. Resumes can be directed to: email@example.com
Lynda Schroeder, Senior Consultant