Disclosure Clerk – Operations Support
Job order – J0623-1495 – Regular Full-Time
Title Disclosure Clerk – Operations Support
Category Police (Civilian)
City Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
Job Description Disclosure Clerk – Operations SupportAbout The Position:
We are in search of a skilled Disclosure Clerk, supporting our Patrol team. Reporting to the Business Systems Manager, this position supports our patrol division’s Police members in regards to file disclosure and is responsible for completing electronic disclosure packages for Crown Counsel. The work is complex and highly technical in nature and is performed in support of criminal investigations. The position will also perform related administrative work as required.
What You Will Do:
- Create patrol case-file trees for all investigative files in a logical and consistent manner to ensure disclosure.
- Prepare electronic RTCC in accordance to the established standards and principles.
- Scan and prepare RTCC attachment documents.
- Assist with scanning, vetting and redacting investigative materials and digital evidence.
- Assist with ensuring compliance with current electronic naming conventions.
- Provide guidance and expertise in the utilization of related software programs.
- Assist with formatting for Judicial Authorizations in compliance with the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
- Coordinate and manage digital evidence, as well as paper and electronic forms.
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolving technological issues as they arise.
- Provide training and guidance to others regarding processes and programs related to the work.
- Completion of Grade 12, coupled with recent training and/or courses related to the criminal justice system. 3-5 years of related work experience is required. Experience working in a Police environment and municipal government is considered an asset.
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of technology related to the work.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, policies and procedures applicable to the assembly, organization and consolidation of electronic disclosure packages pertaining to criminal investigations.
- Sound knowledge of the methods, practices and procedures used in the work and of the techniques pertaining to data entry, manipulation and retrieval.
- Sound working knowledge of technology used in police work as well as standard office applications with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve technological problems as they arise.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy and ability to identify incomplete or inaccurate information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to ensure the integrity of the Port Moody Police Department.
- High degree of resiliency and coping skills when dealing with graphic forensic content.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Valid BC Driver’s license.
- Please note: Employment with the Port Moody Police Department is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police records background check and a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
The Port Moody Police department strives to be an employer of choice. Some of the benefits that we offer include:
- An excellent compensation and benefits plan, including the Municipal Pension plan.
- Earned days off program.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- A friendly team-based work environment.