Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Discovery Play Program Leader (Recreation Worker 4)
City of New Westminster, Parks and Recreation runs a recreational preschool age playtime program at various locations across the city. The Discovery Playtime program is designed to encourage appropriate social interaction and play for preschoolers, as well as prepare them for the transition to kindergarten. This program is interactive and includes crafts, play, and circle time. The Program Leader will work in collaboration with city staff, Supported Child Development consultants and families to support the needs and development of participants.
If you have the following characteristics and qualifications, we want to hear from you:
- Certificate in Early Childhood education or Preschool Recreation Leadership.
- Experience in working with preschool aged children in a variety of Early Childhood settings.
- Valid First Aid certificate with CPR
- Ability to understand and demonstrate commitment to the principles of Healthy Child Development.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for working with children.
- Ability to successfully pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector Check.
*This position works various mornings and afternoons Monday through Friday, 8:45am – 11:30am and 12:00pm – 2:45pm at Queensborough Community Centre starting September 2023. Employment will be based on registration.
Please note that qualified candidates must be available during the hours specified above.
Apply online with your resume and cover letter in one document at www.newwestcity.ca/employment by July 6, 2023.