Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Divisional Business Manager
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: DIVISIONAL BUSINESS MANAGER, FACULTY OF ACADEMIC & CAREER PREPARATION – Competition ID: 2607
This position reports to the Dean, Faculty of Academic & Career Preparation.
This position provides leadership and supervision to BCGEU support staff positions for the Faculty of Academic & Career Preparation.
As an integral member of the administrative leadership team for the Faculty of Academic & Career Preparation, the Divisional Business Manager is responsible for providing strategic administrative leadership to the Faculty. They are accountable for the implementation and oversight of management, financial and human resources systems and controls to ensure Faculty operations are effective and efficient and meet the needs of each department.
The Divisional Business Manager leads and manages processes associated with the planning and implementation of a variety of initiatives. They collaborate with the Dean to foster positive and effective working relationships within the Faculty and the University community, as well as with external colleagues, agencies, institutions and government stakeholders.
The Divisional Business Manager collaborates with department Chairs in enrollment planning, scheduling, resourcing and management of the Faculty’s programs. They provide direction to faculty and staff for matters relating to policy, systems, procedures, budget and collective agreement interpretation. They work closely with the Office of the Registrar, KPU International, and other academic Faculties to ensure streamlined and effective enrollment management and program structures that meet the needs of students.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of two (2) years post-secondary education in a relevant field (business, human resources or office administration). Courses in labour relations, public administration, negotiations, human resources practices, conflict resolution, bookkeeping or accounting would be an asset.
- 3 years of recent related office and budget management experience with increasing levels of leadership responsibility, preferably in a unionized setting, managing a complex office where a high level of confidentiality is required.
- Experience with financial management practices, including budgeting and budget control responsibilities required.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Project management knowledge or experience would be an asset.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction, analyze situations and develop effective solutions.
- Knowledge of and experience in a public post-secondary educational system would be an asset.
- Skill in coordinating activities, evaluating data, and establishing priorities.
- Sound understanding of strategic enrollment management concepts and academic policies and processes that contribute to a quality educational experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience recruiting, supervising, and managing performance of staff.
- Knowledge of standard computer applications such as word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy as well as conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to develop collegial relationships and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively in planning and developing a fresh approach to existing activities.
- Ability to make sound judgments and effective decisions.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and organize information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to travel between campuses is required.
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.