Position Status: Full-Time Regular
Department: Water Services
Employee Group: Teamsters Local 31
Location: 4515 Central Boulevard, Burnaby
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: PG T17 $2,228.65- $2,619.43 bi-weekly
Our Water Services Department is seeking a Draftsperson II who will work with our engineering and CAD teams to prepare and deliver engineering drawings related to Metro Vancouver’s facilities including water, liquid waste and other works. Your drafting assignments may range from preliminary design up to records drawings.
You are: a CAD professional with infrastructure experience, including working experience in preparing Civil utilities drawings for the water and wastewater industry. You have proven experience using tools such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Prepares engineering drawings of moderate difficulty for water, sewer and drainage systems, sewage treatment plants, water reservoirs, pumping stations and ancillary structures, and related electrical services and instrumentation.
- Prepares base plans, topographical maps, electrical and instrumentation drawings; prepares graphs, tabulations, bills of materials, and engineering sketches; copies, traces, revises and colours a variety of drawings.
- Prepares sets of ‘as-built’ drawings for completed construction and installation projects.
- Reduces and plots survey notes. Makes basic technical calculations for dimensioning drawings such as chainage distances, slopes, grades, vertical distances, angles and pipe bends.
- Performs other work of equal importance, difficulty and responsibility requiring comparable qualifications.
- Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of Grade XII, including or supplemented by courses in mathematics with Trigonometry and Physics, plus one-year post-secondary training in drafting. Some experience in municipal drafting in related work or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Working knowledge of drafting practices, techniques, symbols and terminology.
- Working knowledge of basic technical mathematics and familiarity with engineering nomenclature and practices.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to draw and letter efficiently in both pencil and ink on paper and drafting film.
- Ability to perform moderately difficult drafting assignments and carry out a variety of routine clerical tasks related to drafting work.
- Good drafting, visual and numerical aptitude.
- Skill in the use of drafting and computing instruments (e.g. AutoCAD, Civil 3D, etc.).
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and being representative of the region we serve. We invite all qualified candidates to apply including Indigenous People, visible minorities, immigrants, 2SLGBTQI+, all genders and persons with disabilities.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by July 21, 2023.