City of Surrey
Attracting and recruiting highly skilled talent is a top priority for the City of Surrey and to support our continuous growth we are adding a Recruiter to our team of dedicated and passionate talent acquisition professionals. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are interested in joining a multiple national award-winning employer, this may be a great fit for you!
Exempt – Regular Full-Time (2 Year Term)
- Your customer centric approach and relationship management skills will be critical as you build and maintain valued partnerships with hiring managers, stakeholders, and provide an excellent applicant experience.
- You will use your exceptional organizational skills to coordinate full-cycle processes for high-volume recruitment.
- You are a tenacious at sourcing and are able to reach out and engage with passive candidates through direct sourcing channels.
- Your outstanding communication skills will be imperative as you conduct job interviews, reference checks, and negotiate with candidates for a wide variety of occupations.
- You will use your presentation skills to attend career fairs, events and deliver in-house information sessions.
- You are someone who thrives on working in a multidisciplinary team environment and can interact well with different personality types and working styles.
- You are highly accurate and have good attention to detail as you prepare offer letters and perform other administrative recruitment tasks.
- You have a solid understanding of employment law, human rights, and recruitment best practices and will provide customers with valued service and advice.
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline (HR, Business, Social Sciences, Marketing etc.).
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience supporting full-cycle recruitment in a high-volume environment.
- Experience working with HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems (e.g. PeopleSoft).
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Able to travel within Surrey to conduct interviews and meetings with customers.
- A Police Information Check will be required.
It will be great if you have the following:
- Experience recruiting within a unionized environment.
- Experience working in a large and complex organization.
- Experience working in both agency and corporate environments.
- Experience direct sourcing passive candidates.
- Passion for building strong relationships and connecting with managers and job candidates.
- A strong desire to learn and an ability to absorb new information.
- CPHR or similar professional designation.