City of West Kelowna
Engineering Technologist I
West Kelowna is a thriving city that has a rural sophistication appeal and is a haven for outdoor recreation. Sun- soaked lakeshores, agricultural charm, and access to urban jobs and living have made West Kelowna the place to be. We maintain a deep connection with our agricultural roots and we celebrate the one-of-a-kind character of our community. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, numerous employee wellness incentives, an earned time off program and professional development opportunities.
Summarized Position Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will complete engineering drawing and report reviews, inspect infrastructure, and correspond with consultants, contractors and the public. The position will contribute to municipal infrastructure projects and the Highway Permit approval process. The Engineering Technologist I will compile Engineering information for capital projects and will respond to routine inquiries with respect to road, water, sewer, drainage, and street lighting. The Technologist will also review, compile, and verify GIS data and mapping and will perform other duties as required.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Participation in a Civil Engineering Technology Co-op program or 1 year related experience
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Auto CAD, GIS Systems, etc.
- Good knowledge of technical terms and procedures
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to communicate established policies and procedures with tact and discretion
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to plan and prioritize effectively
Applications are accepted online at westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition No. 23-45E, Closes August 7, 2023
Full Time – Permanent | 35 hrs/wk | $35.24/hr
Benefits | Municipal Pension Plan | Earned Time Off Program