The City of Medicine Hat
Engineering Technologist II
Technologists / Technicians
City of Medicine Hat
Jul 15, 2023
EU Engineering Technologist II
In Medicine Hat you’ll feel right at home in an affordable city that still retains that ‘small town feeling’. And here at the City of Medicine Hat, you’ll be involved in delivering a new vision aimed at making an amazing city even better.
This is an intermediate technical position that provides support to the department responsible for municipal water, wastewater, and solid waste services. The position collaborates with engineers, technologists, and operations staff to deliver these essential services today and to plan for a sustainable future for the community. We will consider candidates with less experience who are committed to career growth and development.
Our ideal candidate
- Under the guidance of the Manager- Engineering and senior technologists, designs, analyses, conducts network simulations and evaluates various aspects of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure with minimum guidance. As well as prepares technical drawings and develops specifications.
- Conducts field studies and trains others in the use of engineering equipment including GPS/electronic survey equipment, personal computers, programmable dataloggers, flow measuring devices and similar types of technology.
- Uses and customizes specialized engineering and corporate software for comprehensive modelling, analysis, design, data gathering, data compilation and records management in areas of water, wastewater, and landfill operations.
- Creates, revises, and maintains infrastructure records by CAD drafting, scanning, spatial referencing, reproducing, retrieving, and filing.
- Technical liaison and engineering data exchange with consultants, clients, and other departments.
- Successful completion of a Civil Engineering or Drafting Technology Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Two (2) years of directly related experience in a municipal environment or two (2) years of related experience as City of Medicine Hat Technologist I.
- Membership in Alberta Society of Engineering Technologists – C.E.T. or ability to obtain.
- Willing to participate in professional development as per the Environmental Utilities Engineering Technologist Training Plan.
- Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- A management approved equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- This position has been identified as Safety Sensitive and requires the completion of a satisfactory pre-employment drug screen.
The department has rehabilitated 7 km of sanitary sewer by CIPP lining over the past three years, saving time, money, and public inconvenience. THAT’S INNOVATION, MEDICINE HAT STYLE!
Apply online at: https://medicinehat.prevueaps.ca/jobs/