City of Surrey
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
CUPE Local 402 – Project (2 Years)
The Planning and Development Department is seeking a hardworking and self-motivated individual to join the Trees and Landscape Section as an Environmental Technologist. Working closely with the Environmental Planner, this is a technical position that is responsible for performing a wide variety of technical and administrative tasks in support of implementation of the City’s development application process for sensitive ecosystem development permit areas and associated urban forestry policies and procedures. The position requires the ability to interpret plans and technical reports, prepare and maintain records, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists staff in the review of stream classifications, ecosystem violations, invasive species management programs and bird nesting surveys.
- Assist with developing a spatial database and tracking system for environmental planning projects and outcomes.
- Respond to residential inquiries related to environmental concerns.
- Research issues related to the coordination and implementation of environmental programs.
- Performs field inspections and investigations of riparian sites for eco violations and development permit riparian compensation audits.
- Performs other duties as required.
- University Degree or Diploma from an institute of technology in an area of environmental studies.
- Minimum of two years work experience in project inspection, environmental monitoring, public education and instream field experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
This position to remain open until filled.