Equipment Operator III
The City of Kelowna has an exciting opportunity for an Equipment Operator III within our Roadways Construction Branch of the Infrastructure Delivery Department. An Equipment Operator III operates and maintains heavy mobile equipment in accordance with competency standards, safety practices, regulations as well as performing manual work. This position is primarily responsible for operating a Tandem Axle Truck with Pup Trailer.
- BC Drivers License – Class 1 with Air Ticket
- Experience operating a Tandem Axle Truck with Pup Trailer (minimum 300 hours, with 100 hours operating a Pup Trailer) and ability to obtain City of Kelowna Certification on designated equipment
- Ability to run other equipment is considered an asset
- Ability to obtain and maintain a clear Criminal Record Check
- High School graduation or equivalent
- Please note this position may be required to work in Roadways Operations during winter months (performing snow and ice duties), which may include working various shifts
Grow your career in an organization that supports employee work-life balance and career and professional development. This is a CUPE bargaining unit position with a rate of $31.64 per hour plus employer-paid comprehensive benefits, paid vacation and one of Canada’s top pension plans.
Help create Kelowna as a City of the Future. Our diverse and dynamic team strives to innovate to make things better, work as one team, serve proudly and lead responsibly. Live, work and play in one of Canada’s fastest growing cities. Kelowna boasts miles of lake access, public areas and outdoor recreation opportunities, a vibrant downtown and cultural scene, healthy and connected neighbourhoods, and a world-renowned College and University. You’re only a quick link to the world via the Kelowna International Airport.
For further information or to apply, please check our website at www.kelowna.ca/careers
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Applicants not contacted within three weeks of the closing date are thanked for their interest