(Temporary) – Vancouver Head Office – 2023.130 – Vancouver, BC
We are proud to be selected as one of B.C.’s Top Employers once again!
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your experience, knowledge, and passion in a meaningful way, CLBC is the place for you!
Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) is a Crown corporation responsible for arranging supports and services for adults with developmental disabilities and their families. CLBC staff strive to advance the vision of Communities of belonging, lives with connection.
Visit our Careers at CLBC page to learn more about working at CLBC, what we offer, and tips for the interview process.
As an Executive Administrative Assistant at CLBC, you will provide a full range of administrative and clerical support to two or more Executive staff and their respective team members.
- Establish and build relationships with senior and executive officials, both within and outside government Manage the Executive’s calendar, prioritize meetings, schedules, assignments and travel arrangements
- Respond quickly to emerging issues and changing priorities, using sound judgment in assessing the urgency and importance of various issues requiring the attention of the Executive team
- Provide project administrative support including updating Gantt chart, keeping track of project progress
- Exercise receiving authority for office administration budgets, personnel expenditures and recommend travel options to employees as per policy
- Check and update Time and Leave entries for all Head Office staff, every pay period
- Prepare and type correspondence, letters, briefing notes, PowerPoint presentations, take minutes, maintain confidential filing and tracking systems, screen mail, visitors and telephone calls for the Executive team.
This role requires you to be adaptable, organized and flexible, as well as service and results-oriented; have excellent computer skills; excel at building effective working relationships, be cooperative, and be an excellent team player.
- Grade twelve diploma or equivalent education, and the completion of a business college or office administration course.
A relevant combination of education and experience may be considered
- 3-5 years of experience working in an executive office environment supporting senior executives on a daily basis
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to produce accurate reports and presentations using software such as MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VISIO, SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm
Travel: Off-site work may be occasionally required within the Province of BC. Possession of a valid Class 5 Drivers License, clean driving abstract and use of own vehicle on expenses may be required.
Hybrid Work: Combines on-site office work with flexibility to work from home 1 day per week within BC after passing a 6-month probationary period.
Team: Service Delivery Projects & Process Improvements
Term/Status: Auxiliary/Full-time – Anticipated 70 hours bi-weekly for a 12 Month term
Classification/Salary: Excluded Band 1 compensation
The health and safety of our team and communities is paramount to CLBC. Accordingly, we require anyone joining our team to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
Closing date: July 31, 2023
Apply now! Submit an online application. Applications received by other means will not be considered. Successful applicants are subject to a Criminal Record Check.
An eligibility list for internal candidates may be established.
CLBC is committed to hiring based on merit with a focus on fostering diversity of thought. We welcome candidates who have demonstrated a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, and encourage applications from equity-seeking groups such as women, persons with diverse ethnic, racial or Indigenous backgrounds, gender identity and sexual orientation, and persons with a disability. However, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.