Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Executive Assistant to the Vice President, Equity and Inclusive Communities
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
This role reports to the Vice President, Equity and Inclusive Communities (E&IC) and works closely with other Executive Assistants of the University Senior Executives.
JOB OVERVIEW: Executive Assistant to the Vice President, Equity and Inclusive Communities – Competition ID 2653
The Executive Assistant to the VP, E&IC performs a wide variety of complex and confidential administrative duties and has a strong communication role in support of the Vice President, Equity and Inclusive Communities.
The Executive Assistant performs duties that require considerable confidentiality and sensitivity, initiative, tact, maturity, and independent judgment. The Executive Assistant demonstrates discretion in preparing, disclosing, and handling information of a confidential, controversial, and sensitive nature; establishes work priorities and remains flexible; possessing strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
The Executive Assistant has regular contact with Senior Executives and other leadership teams as well as the operating divisions’ management team members. The Executive Assistant is a communication liaison within and outside of the VP Office and receives questions from key parties across the organization. The Executive Assistant has a strong internal and external communication role including liaising with key parties across the university, law firms, and external organizations to discuss objectives, issues, and priorities.
- Ability to work independently and to resolve administrative issues/problems.
- Professional and personal attributes that provide a positive impression of the senior administrative office.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of racial issues, cultures and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to use related equipment including word processing, spreadsheet, data base, and presentation software at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated flexibility to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including the ability to respond politely and diplomatically to both internal and external inquiries.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and strong writing skills to provide effective administrative support at the executive level.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and direction to others.
- Demonstrated tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing, and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Demonstrated time management skills to manage own workload as well as assist others in meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to travel between campuses is required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years recent related experience in a senior administrative support role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Experience monitoring budget expenditures.
- Experience in a communications field desirable.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position will remain open until filled, however a resume review will occur on July 26, 2023.
Click here for a more detailed job description.
Why join KPU?
- Recognized as one of B.C.’s Top Employers
- KPU is committed to actively fostering an equitable and inclusive working environment
- Competitive compensation
- Hybrid environment, flexible work around core hours
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan – College
- Extended Medical, Dental, Healthcare Spending Account, Sick Leave, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Emergency Travel Assistance, Employee and Family Assistance Program, Teledoc
- Professional Development Days: up to 10 days paid per year
- Maternity and parental leave top-up
- Generous vacation package
- Campus work environment, cafeteria, outdoor sitting areas and nearby walking trails
- Campus athletic and fitness centers with a variety of instructor-led classes
- Tuition waiver program – eligible to waive tuition costs of courses at KPU equivalent to 3 credits per semester
- Inhouse training and development
- Networking and social events such as KPU Day, Holiday Social etc.
- Intercampus shuttle
- Access to automotive, horticulture, brewery and other programs’ services
- Clubs: Jeopardy, Toastmasters, E-sports, Ted Talks etc.
- Library and Bookstore (discounts)
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role please visit our Career Centre Position Description (taleo.net)