Town of Hay River
Reporting to the Facilities and Parks Supervisor, the Facility Maintainer is responsible for operating and maintaining recreation and other municipal facilities and assets to ensure clean, safe, and healthy recreational facilities and areas are available for residents to enjoy. This position also works with staff from other Departments in coordinating maintenance and upkeep of municipal facilities/infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities – include, but are not limited to:
- maintain electrical, plumbing, heating and ventilation systems
- perform ice making and seasonal maintenance
- monitor building maintenance requirements
- assist in the maintenance of Town assets/infrastructure as needed
- ensure and upholds a safety culture for the operation and maintenance of all recreation and other assets/infrastructure
Education and Experience:
Job Knowledge Requirements:
- basic knowledge of preventative maintenance and operation of recreation facilities;
- knowledge of ice making and maintenance procedures;
- basic knowledge of maintenance of plumbing and heating systems including boiler inspection and repair; and
- knowledge of emergency procedures, safety requirements, including WHMIS, First Aid and CPR.
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- proficiency in the use of small hand tools and related equipment; and
- mechanical skills.
Compensation: the range is $26.66 to $34.86 depending on experience . A comprehensive benefits package & use of the Community Centre along with a $500 per month Northern Living Allowance is also included.
- Successful applicants will require Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Check.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
Applicants must include a detailed resume and cover letter, which can be submitted in person or through email.
Attention: Town of Hay River
100, 62 Woodland Drive
Hay River, NT X0E1G1
Open until filled