Financial Systems Analyst
Position Status: Full-Time Temporary (This position to last not later than December 31, 2024)
Department: Financial Services
Employee Group: Teamsters Local 31
Location: 4515 Central Boulevard, Burnaby
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: PG 29 $3,639.50 – $4,303.60 bi-weekly
Our Financial Services Department is seeking a Financial Systems Analyst who will provide support for Metro Vancouver’s financial ERP system by using analysis and design techniques to troubleshoot issues or improve financial processes. The incumbent will actively participate in the planning, organizing, testing and implementing financial software.
You are: Analytical, solution-focused, technically strong a great communicator and team player. You have a solid understanding of financial processes and enjoy configuring, testing, implementing and supporting ERP systems. You have a high level of technical and financial expertise and clear insights into business practices.
- Conducts preliminary and follow-up investigations of problem areas; obtains details regarding user information requirements; prepares reports outlining recommendations on the advisability or feasibility of the proposed process or financial system improvements, including preliminary cost estimates for equipment, supplies, services and staff resources required and impacts on other departments; and ensures quality assurance of all reports.
- Performs complex analysis, modelling, reporting and data management of the financial planning systems; and reconciles data between financial planning systems and financial management systems.
- Analyzes the cost effectiveness of and makes recommendations regarding alternatives for financial process and system improvements; and performs continuous improvement and troubleshooting of financial systems and other related systems.
- Assists departments in determining specifications for equipment and/or software acquisitions.
- Acts as project manager regarding the implementation of the financial process and system changes; liaise with departments to ensure proper data management in financial planning systems.
- Conducts post implementation reviews to assess the attainment of design objectives and user expectations; takes or initiates action necessary to rectify any shortcomings; prepares a variety of reports and key information required to support capital long range planning.
- Provides advice and assistance to user departments in connection with new or existing financial processes and systems; identifies problems that user departments are having and logs for future review and prioritization; and develops training materials and documentation for the appropriate use of the financial system.
- Maintains a current awareness of developments in the field of financial processes and systems, including computer solutions.
- Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- University graduation at the Bachelor level in a related discipline; preferably a professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, or CMA); plus considerable related experience including some financial process and system analysis experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of financial processes and systems and their impact on both financial and non-financial based departments.
- Thorough knowledge of problem definition and problem solving techniques pertaining to financial processes and systems.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of administrative management and organization and of modern office practices and equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of the functions of departments served and their requirements as applied to financial processes and systems.
- Considerable knowledge of the applicable divisional policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of computer programming applicable to the work performed.
- Ability to understand the operational methods and procedures utilized by the department under study, analyze and evaluate various data and information, develop logical solutions for assigned problems and analyze the implications of proposed changes.
- Ability to direct and participate in the work of members of task forces and to act as project manager regarding investigation, analysis, and implementation of systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and to provide advice and assistance on matters related to the work.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to present proposals in non technical language.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under minimum supervision.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and being representative of the region we serve. We invite all qualified candidates to apply including Indigenous People, visible minorities, immigrants, 2SLGBTQI+, all genders and persons with disabilities.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by July 19, 2023.