Firefighter Eligibility List
Join our dynamic team!
We are looking for a number of responsible and dedicated Firefighters to combat, extinguish and prevent fires including search and rescue and administering first aid. We need to fill firefighter positions from an eligibility list commencing as early as spring of 2024.
We believe that our city and our workplace benefits from diversity. We encourage all qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for our firefighter vacancies. Bring your unique experiences and distinct skills and abilities to our organization and help build Kelowna as a city of the future.
- Valid BC Class 3 Driver’s License with Air brake endorsement (or equivalent from another province)
- 18 years of age or over
- Physically able to perform the duties including the ability to swim
- Current First-aid certificate that requires you to attend for eight (8) hours of instruction
- IFSAC or Pro Board Accredited NFPA 1001 – Fire Fighting Practices Level I and II Program, including NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Operations
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada
- No criminal record
- Medical testing requirements (including vision and hearing) are based upon the NFPA 1582 standard with a restriction placed upon candidates with Category A medical conditions as defined in appendix G, NFPA 1582, Chapter 6, article 6.2.2
- Previous firefighting experience, community involvement and a second language are considered an asset.
These positions are in the IAFF bargaining unit and currently offer an hourly rate of $33.29 (2021 rates) bi-weekly along with a competitive benefits and pension package.
To apply to the Firefighter Eligibility list, please submit an application online to our posting on the National Testing Network firefighter job site for the Kelowna Fire Department job posting
Applications will not be accepted through the City of Kelowna website or via any other means.
Applicants wishing to be considered for our recruitment must have their application, written testing and video interview completed through the National Testing Network by September 4, 2023.
For further information, please check our website at www.kelowna.ca/careers and click on Firefighter Recruitment.
No telephone calls please