One of the sunniest regions in BC’s Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities – Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
City of Delta
Functional Application Support Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, independent individual to fill the temporary full-time position of Functional Application Support Specialist. The duration of this opportunity is approximately 1 to 2 years.
Some examples of work may include:
- Responds to user inquiries, investigates, troubleshoots, prioritizes, documents and resolves integrated administrative, technical or operating problems within the functional end user base software application systems; refers major and unresolved software problems and hardware malfunctions to technical specialist; and follows up on such matters.
- Provides end-user support; performs data maintenance and analysis; administration and end-user testing coordination, training and process analysis; executes test cases and reports to vendor on testing status on existing software and future releases to identify gaps and understand integration with business processes.
- Recommends process improvements; creates and maintains training materials, procedures and user guides; and provides orientation and training to users, as required.
- Assists with needs identification, requirements gathering and assisting with project plans
- Establishes and maintains liaison with users and provides advice and assistance to same regarding the use of the application.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records such as procedures manuals, records, files and statistical reports; amends and updates operational manuals as required.
The ideal candidate for this job will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Considerable knowledge of the Xplor Recreation software – including system configuration
- Diploma in an acceptable related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution, plus sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- CPA or relevant accounting degree/designation would be considered an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence for the Province of British Columbia
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $34.23-$40.29 per hour (commensurate with experience) and an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment to competition #23-138 EX by July 28, 2023.
The City of Delta’s Covid-19 Vaccination Policy has been suspended, however, we reserve the right to reinstate it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our community, and our Communicable Disease Plan and related protocols remain in place.
Applications will be reviewed as received, and interviews may occur prior to the posted closing date. Some postings may be closed earlier than advertised based on volume of applicants.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.