General Manager, Corporate and Protective Services
The City of Camrose
Jul 21, 2023
The City of Camrose is looking for a dynamic, proven leader to fill the role of General Manager, Corporate and Protective Services.
As General Manager, Corporate and Protective Services you will be part of the senior management team, providing leadership and support for corporate operations. This diversified role includes management of Human Resources, Information Technology, Fire Services, Health and Safety, and Legislative Services. This position reports to the City Manager.
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (but not limited to):
- Provide positive and professional leadership to staff in the Corporate Services Department, ensuring that the work units are well managed to support the City’s strategies and initiatives.
- Contribute to the senior management team by participating in the generation of new ideas and efficient approaches to how the city manages its business.
- Delegate the appropriate responsibility for the provision of corporate services and retain overall accountability for the delivery of those services.
- Provide advice and support on matters relating to any issue within the scope of Corporate Services.
- Act as Signing Officer for the City.
- Ensuring compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act including policy development and responding to requests for access to information.
- Act as Returning Officer to coordinate and execute all aspects of Municipal Elections in accordance with the MGA.
- University degree in related discipline, completion or enrolment in the Local Government Certificate Program; or combination of training, education and experience.
- Ten (10) or more year’s responsible managerial experience in a related position.
- Thorough knowledge of the Municipal Government Act, ability to interpret various legislative documents and act as a signing officer for the city.
- In-depth knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act with formal training.
- Experience in coordinating municipal, provincial or federal elections including knowledge of election procedures, voter registration and results tabulation.
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board (SDAB) and Assessment Review Board (ARB) training considered an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of the organization and function of a local government.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with external and internal stakeholders.
- Well-developed managerial skills with the ability to plan, direct, coach and mentor.
- Financial / Budgetary acumen.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Suite. Expertise accepted in MS Word and Excel.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are typically 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Additional hours will be required to attend Council meetings and other varying City initiatives and events.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The City of Camrose offers competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a positive work environment. The starting salary for this position will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and current resume via e-mail or to the address below or in person by July 21, 2023. If applying by e-mail, please ensure job position is included in subject line. We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.