A great place to work starts with you!
With a population of 32,097, Parkland County offers a range of municipal services and a vibrant mix of agricultural, residential, industrial and recreational opportunities. This unique rural area is situated on the west outskirts of Edmonton, just 20 minutes from downtown, and stretching over 2438 sq. km. of picturesque landscapes.
General Manager, Development Services Division
Parkland County has an opportunity for a permanent, full-time General Manager, Development Services Division. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), as a member of the Executive Leadership team, the General Manager, Development Services Division provides strategic direction, leadership and management for the Development Services portfolio which includes Planning & Development, Economic Diversification and Municipal Projects. This position works closely with the CAO and the Executive Leadership team to translate Council’s strategic objectives into their respective department goals; and plans and implements departmental initiatives and objectives, aligned with the corporate strategic plan and corporate business needs.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, business or related discipline. A master’s degree would be an asset.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ related experience, including progressive senior leadership and experience overseeing multi disciplined teams.
- Public relations skills, political acumen and the ability to foster and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated commitment to innovation and providing exceptional customer service.
- Technical proficiency with MS office, including outlook, teams, word and SharePoint.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, report writing and presentation skills.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required.
The total rewards package for this position includes:
A starting annual salary of $157,153 – $196,442 based on a 35-hour work week and option to join the Earned Day Off Program.
In addition, extended health and dental benefits, access to our confidential Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid sick time, four (4) weeks vacation plus five (5) extra management days per year with your birthday off, flexible work arrangements allowing remote work options (based on position’s needs), and personal days. Our organization offers access to physical fitness including an employee on site gym and lunch exercise programs, a Social Club, a mental health committee, and a comprehensive training program with extensive learning and development opportunities. Visit our careers page to view the complete Total Rewards Package for this position!
Interested Candidates are Invited to Apply Online at careers.parklandcounty.com by Monday, July 17, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Applications will only be considered through the Parkland County website.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace that welcomes, respects and values the multivariate diversity of current and prospective employees. We strive to provide reasonable access and accommodation throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you have any questions regarding this, please connect with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org