College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
1 year to less than 2 years
- Supervise other graphic designers or graphic arts technicians
- Estimate costs of materials and time to complete graphic designs and illustrations
- Adapt existing illustrations
- Consult with clients to determine the nature and content of illustrations in order to meet their communications needs
- Co-ordinate all aspects of production for print, audio-visual or electronic materials
- Consult with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials
- Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication
- Develop the graphic elements that meet the clients’ objectives
- Establish guidelines for illustrators or photographers
- Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Tight deadlines
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.