Other trades certificate or diploma
2 years to less than 3 years
Work site environment
- Staff accommodation available
- In shop
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Order parts and maintain inventory
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
- Service attachments and working tools
Security and safety
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime required
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- As per collective agreement
Long term benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.