City of Surrey
Human Resources Assistant
Our Human Resources team is looking for an HR Assistant to help us attract and hire the best people for our jobs. Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources & Communications, the Human Resources Assistant plays a critical role in supporting our recruitment efforts and executing on employee related initiatives.
Exempt – Regular Full-Time (2 Year Term)
- You will work in partnership with the Employment Specialists, HR Advisors and hiring managers to ensure quality and value throughout the hiring process.
- You will provide support through the entire cycle of recruitment including: preparation of job postings, coordination of testing and interviews, data entry of new employees, onboarding and other related duties.
- You will respond to employment related inquiries from staff and members of the public.
- You will assist in the administration of HR projects, programs and initiatives.
- You will participate in the review of administrative processes and provide recommendations for business improvement.
- A Diploma in Human Resources or a related field supplemented by office assistant experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ administrative experience with the ability to work with confidential material in a manner demonstrating sound judgement.
- Progressively responsible experience providing administrative support in a public sector organization is an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs and have some exposure to HR systems (HRM, ATS).
- Effective communicator, both written and verbally
- A strong team player that values collaborative relationships with colleagues and customers
- Customer-focused with the ability to understand and anticipate internal and external customer needs and deliver an exceptional experience
- A self-starter who can work independently to meet deadlines and follow through on commitments
- Ability to review and provide feedback to help further advance the operations of the business to better serve customers
- Knowledgeable of Human Resources foundations and functions
- This position involves completion of a Police Information Check.