City of Surrey
Information Officer, Surrey RCMP
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
Looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued, and you can help make a difference in the community? Do you have great customer service and aspire to work in a law enforcement‐related environment? If so, we are looking for you!
The City of Surrey’s RCMP Detachment is looking for energetic, self‐motivated, and service oriented team players to perform moderately complex tasks while upholding City of Surrey Values. The successful candidate will join the team responsible for providing a variety of administrative tasks at the Surrey RCMP Detachment in the Information Officer role.
Union ‐ CUPE Local 402 – Regular Full‐Time
- Processing Police Information checks.
- Capturing fingerprints for civil purposes.
- Data entry into local computer systems.
- Assisting clients with information in person and over the telephone.
- Producing various civil documents and permits and creating police files.
- Promoting City of Surrey and RCMP values.
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
A qualified applicant will have:
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Two years related experience including exposure to and knowledge of PRIME, Provincial and Federal Statutes, Municipal By‐ Laws and police procedures and policies.
- Some exposure to relevant police database systems, or an equivalent acceptable combination of education and experience.
This position requires the completion of an RCMP Reliability Security Clearance. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Closing Date: July 14, 2023