Invasive Plant Spray Assistant
Temporary Full-Time Position
The Cariboo Regional District invites qualified applicants to apply for the temporary full-time position of Invasive Plant Spray Assistant located in the Central Cariboo. Subject to funding, the approximate term for these positions will be from May 1st through to August 31st.
SUMMARY: Reporting directly to the Invasive Plant Control Technician, the self-motivated and innovative incumbent will be responsible for assisting to preform noxious weed control tasks.
- Must possess a valid Pesticide Applicator Certificate (Industrial Vegetation and Noxious Weeds) as issued by the BC Ministry of Environment pursuant to the BC Integrated Pest Management Act within 30 days of being hired,
- Must possess a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License,
- Physical ability to perform the duties assigned is essential to fulfill this position,
- Experience with ATV operation training,
- Experience with full size pick-up truck operation and trailer towing,
- Experience with off road driving,
- Experience in invasive plant identification and management,
- Experience with GIS mapping and GPS operation,
- Familiarity with mobile computer devices (iPad) and usage of program applications,
- Experience collecting data and working with databases,
- Knowledge of safety practices in relation to working remotely,
- Must possess valid First Aid Level 1 certification,
- Possesses mechanical aptitude for small engines and pumps,
- Ability to take direction and work effectively in a team environment and with the public,
- Ability to work irregular hours in all weather conditions, travel, and stay in remote locations.
WAGE: The rate of pay for this BCGEU position is $23.06 per hour. A standard 90-day probationary period will apply.
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Thursday 7:00 am to 4:15 pm with a 30-minute unpaid lunch.
Qualified candidates wishing to apply and looking for a detailed job description please visit www.cariboord.ca/careers. Applications will be accepted by the undersigned until suitable candidates are found. Applications must be in the form of a resume with an accompanying letter detailing qualifications and experience relative to the position.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Gerald Pinchbeck, Interim Human Resources Advisor
Cariboo Regional District
Suite D, 180 North Third Avenue
Williams Lake, BC V2G 2A4