City of West Kelowna
IS Project Coordinator
West Kelowna is a thriving city that has a rural sophistication appeal and is a haven for outdoor recreation. Sun-soaked lakeshores, agricultural charm, and access to urban jobs and living have made West Kelowna the place to be. We maintain a deep connection with our agricultural roots and we celebrate the one-of-a-kind character of our community. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, numerous employee wellness incentives, and professional development opportunities.
Summarized Position Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Information Services Manager, this position provides project management services, leadership and guidance for project teams supporting technology projects. The IS Project Coordinator will lead projects by coordinating resources, supporting project teams, prioritizing project tasks, removing barriers, preparing project documents, and supporting the project sponsor/owner. Facilitation of requirements gathering sessions and conducting business analysis will also be a part of this role.
This position will be involved in several key projects at the City of West Kelowna including the implementation of an ERP software platform, SharePoint Online implementation, and other projects. It is envisioned that in the future this position will take on innovative projects such as smart cities initiatives, implementation of artificial-intelligence and automation in order to drive organizational efficiencies.
If you are detail-oriented, have excellent project management and analytical skills and would like to work in an innovative environment, this is the opportunity that you are looking for!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Technology-related degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years in the Information Technology field
- 3 years of experience leading IT related projects
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Excellent leadership, supervisory, oral and written communication, organizational and project management, problem solving, negotiations, results oriented and excellent customer skills
- Attention to detail
- Conflict Resolution
- Business Analysis
- Familiarity with ERP software or other line-of-business applications
- Local government experience preferred
- PMP certification is an asset
- Familiarity with ESRI products is an asset
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure is an asset
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence or smart cities related projects is an asset
Applications are accepted online at westkelownacity.ca/jobs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition No. 23-46E, Closes August 6, 2023
Exempt Position | Full Time 35 hrs/wk. | Benefits | Municipal Pension
$80K – $94K commensurate with knowledge and experience