City of Maple Ridge
Labourer Parks (Trails)
STATUS: Temporary Full Time CUPE
DEPARTMENT: Facilities, Parks, and Properties Department
SALARY: $30.48 per hour
CLOSING: June 18, 2023
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
This is a temporary, full-time position that is responsible for a variety of tasks and duties of a physical nature relating primarily to maintenance and repair of trails, bridges, stairs, boardwalks, drainage systems and other trail- related structures within the City of Maple Ridge.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Considerable experience in general parks and cemetery construction and maintenance at the Municipal level.
- Considerable experience in the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in general maintenance and construction work.
- Considerable experience in the operation of turf and non-turf maintenance equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, and materials used in parks and cemetery maintenance and construction work.
- Ability to understand and carry-out oral and written instructions from a supervisor and effectively communicate to fellow employees.
- Considerable skill in the proper and safe operation of a variety of hand and power tools, including small riding and hand mowers, weed eaters, power saws, light duty trucks and other equipment related to the work.
- Ability to keep simple records of the work performed.
- Sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to perform heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to meet and deal tactfully, courteously and accurately with the public and other Municipal staff.
- Must show independence of judgement in the performance of duties and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Performs related work as required.
LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
Driver’s Licence (Class 5) valid in the Province of British Columbia
HOURS OF WORK
8 hours per day
- Able to perform repairs for trails, walkways, bridges, boardwalks, beaches, staircases, fences and other trail amenities.
- Able to maintains ground and surface water flow in and around trails
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting email@example.com.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.