The Glenmore Landfill serves as the solid waste disposal facility for residents within the Central Okanagan Regional District and offers a variety of disposal options on-site including recycling, organic materials, household and commercial waste.
We are seeking a team-player with labouring experience to join the Landfill Team.
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent
- BC Driver’s Licence Class 5
- Experience performing general labourer duties
- Excellent customer service, teamwork, and communication skills
- Assist in directing vehicles to appropriate areas for disposal and recycling and provide general information to the public.
- Assist with general labouring duties: worksite maintenance including litter pick-up, cleaning, weeding, mowing, pressure washing and other tasks as necessary.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather elements and be on feet for prolonged periods.
- Duration: Approximately until the end of October 2023, as operationally required
- Schedule: 7 day/week operation, shifts will include at least one weekend day
- Hours: 8 and 10 hour shifts depending on schedule
- Pay Rate: $29.96 per hour + 14% in lieu of benefits, vacation and statutory holidays.
- Location: Glenmore Landfill
These are CUPE bargaining unit positions. This temporary roles may lead to permanent employment with the City of Kelowna.
Please Note: A clear Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract will be required.
We’re looking for innovative and collaborative people with a desire to serve Kelowna and its citizens. Our diverse and dynamic team strives to innovate to make things better, work as one team, serve proudly and lead responsibly.
For further information or to apply, please check our website at www.kelowna.ca/careers
Applications must be received by end of day July 10, 2023
Please do not contact Landfill operations directly, all applicants must apply through the Careers page.