Legislative Services Coordinator (RFT)
Job order – J0623-1650 – Regular Full-Time
Title Legislative Services Coordinator (RFT)
Category Legislative Services
City Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
Working in the Legislative Services department, the Legislative Services Coordinator provides specialized support to the City’s internal and external committees, commissions and boards. The Legislative Services Coordinator provides procedural advice and recommendations and acts as a resource for staff, elected officials and the general public. This position prepares agendas, transcribes and distributes minutes and also coordinates the annual committee volunteer recruitment process, maintains the committee database and performs related administrative duties as required.
This position requires attendance at evening meetings.
- Grade 12, including or supplemented by secretarial or minute taking courses
- Minimum 2 years’ related experience within a government or professional environment
- Experience taking, editing and transcribing minutes on a laptop
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, volunteers, and City staff at all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and knowledge of standard office equipment
- A valid BC Driver’s License
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Considerable knowledge of Robert’s Rules of Order (or similar), policies, and regulations governing the City of Port Moody’s committees, commissions and boards
- Knowledge of the functions and objectives of various committees served and the rules of procedure used in meetings
- Experience working in a municipal government environment
- Short hand or speed-writing
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check as well as a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package, professional development opportunities, and, for some positions, remote work opportunities.