The Village of Lytton
Manager of Municipal Operations
The Village of Lytton is in the rebuilding phase, after the State of Local Emergency and Evacuation Order has been lifted. As such the Village of Lytton is seeking an experienced professional to take on the role of Manager of Municipal Operations.
The Manager, Municipal Operations main role is to support the Chief Administrative Officer, working on the ground, in Lytton, on the day-to-day operations of the Village. This position is a key role in the activation of an Emergency Operations Centre, if required, and will be the Village point person in the event of an Emergency.
- This includes the day-to-day operation of the water and wastewater system, roads, parks, and any recreational assets owned and operated by the Village. This position is also responsible for the volunteer fire department and the emergency management planning and activation, if required, for the Village.
- Work, in collaboration with the Recovery Team and neighbouring communities, to ensure the complete re-establishment of all municipal facilities, services and equipment.
- Supervision of staff: Public Works Lead, Maintenance Workers, and the Volunteer Fire Department.
- Personal initiative with good planning and organizational skills as well as a high degree of integrity and professionalism. Strong capability to identify needs, plan and develop goals, priorities, and other outcome measures.
- Seeking applicants with an undergraduate degree in civil engineering, public administration, or other relevant discipline; at least 5 years progressive experience working in a Municipal Government setting, staff management and knowledge of Emergency practices are highly sought.
- The position is in Lytton at the temporary Village office from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm due to the nature of the position, flexibility in schedule is required.
For a full job description, or to apply, please contact the Acting Chief Administrative Officer at email@example.com.